Society 54 Co-Founder Heather McCullough is two parts wit and one part tenacity, with heaping doses of creativity and intellect on the side. Heather represents the power of hard work, strategy and collaboration. For more than 16 years, she has brought game-changing results to professional services firms across the country.
As the director of business and practice development at one of the most well-respected law firms in the Carolinas, Heather oversaw all aspects of firm branding and business development, including communications, client relations, events and business development – all while keeping a keen eye on budgets and ROI. Heather has led and restructured operational changes while working inside law firms, as well as in a consulting capacity. This experience, combined with her MBA from University of South Carolina, makes her an ideal advisor for firms that want to challenge the status quo and lead change.
In the consulting realm, Heather never says no to a challenge. She knows that hollow rebranding and marketing can fall flat, and operates as a tireless advocate for her clients to ensure that efforts are anything but hollow. She is well known in the legal marketing industry and her wheels never stop turning when it comes to generating profit, rapport and direction for her clients.
- NEWS & EVENTS
- Presentations on Gamification to Legal Marketing Association’s Southeastern City Groups in 2016: Raleigh, Richmond, Nashville, Orlando, Tampa, Denver
- 2016 Legal Marketing Association Tech Conference, Gamification, June 2016
- 2016 LMASE Raleigh City Group’s Annual DIY Marketing Workshop for Solo & Small Firms Conference, Presented on Business Development with Kathryn Whitaker, July 2016
- 2015 Legal Marketing Association Conference, Panelist, The Roadmap for Your Future: Navigating and Accelerating Your Career in Legal Marketing, February 2015
- Webinar Panelist, The Roadmap for Your Future: Navigating and Accelerating Your Career in Legal Marketing, February 2015
- Quoted, The Path to Success, Strategies, March/April 2014
- Chief marketing officers and other senior marketers at firms across the country were asked what advice they would give coordinators and other legal marketing professionals starting out in their careers.
- Webinar Panelist, The Essentials of a Business Development Coaching Program, December 2011
Heather is an active member of several civic and professional organizations:
- Legal Marketing Association
- International – Membership Committee – 2010-2012
- Southeastern Chapter Board Member – Director of Membership – 2007-2010
- Charlotte City Group Leader – 2004
- Friends of the Library (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Co.) – Council President – 2015; Council Member – 2007-2008; 2011-2014
- Parents Association – First United Methodist Child Development Center – 2011-2012
- Charlotte Reads – Board Member – 2003-2006 (Organization dissolved)
- Mental Health Association of the Central Carolinas – Young Professional Member – 2002-2005
- Mint Condition Gala – Logistics Committee
- Safe Alliance: Barrister’s Ball Committee – 2014 – 2015
- Legal Marketing Association
University of South Carolina – Darla Moore School of Business, MBA
University of Georgia, BLA
Manchester Metropolitan University, Study Abroad
Certified in Gamification, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business